The Healthcare industry continues to grow rapidly as the overall population in the United States gets older and baby boomers have begun reaching retirement age.Healthcare facility engineers continue to face increased budget and manpower reductions while seeing increased regulations by the Joint Commission, DOH, AIA, OSHA, CDC, ASHE and the ASHRAE Standard 188P.
Environmentally focused trade organizations such as Practice Greenhealth and Healthier Hospitals Initiative are encouraging hospitals and other healthcare facilities to embrace the green mantra and focus on sustainability initiatives.
According to Rick Fedrizzi, President, CEO & Founding Chair, U.S. Green Building Council, “The healthcare industry is by far one of the more important sectors that can benefit from the practice of green building design and construction. Patients in green hospitals have greater emotional well-being, require less pain medication and other drugs, and have shorter hospital stays (source).”
And Adele Houghton, Project Manager, Green Guide for Health Care has stated, “Green hospitals seek to reduce use of and exposure to toxic chemicals and provide a healthier healing environment. By employing green practices, whether incrementally or from the ground up, many hospitals are managing to lower energy bills, reduce waste and achieve healthier indoor air quality (source).”
Benefits Hospitals Appreciate
APTech Group’s blended solid concentrate water treatment products are the perfect solution for healthcare service provider facility management teams who are focused on improved sustainability and safety. These blended solid concentrate products offer benefits that support hospitals and other healthcare service providers increasing focus on the Triple Bottom Line of People, Planet and Profit.
Carbon Footprint savings from APTech Group blended solid concentrate products are many and include:
- Reduced diesel fuel use: A 55 gallon drum, weighing 500 pounds, will consume 2.5 more gallons of diesel fuel per typical shipment than a 44 pound carton of blended solid concentrate product with the same amount of active ingredients
- Plastic savings from reduced product container size
- Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) savings from reduced power to produce NaOH
- Blended solid concentrate products are completely used and all packaging is fully recyclable
Additional, more hidden factors have environmental benefits as well:
- Water savings associated with rinsing drums
- Water savings associated with increased cycles of concentration
- Space savings in mechanical room
- Eye wash station installation and maintenance
APTech Group blended solid concentrate products help to create a safer environment for employees, patients and visitors in a number of ways:
- Reduces the risk of discharging hazardous chemicals into the environment during shipment, storage or application
- Improving operator safety by reducing exposure to hazardous chemicals
- No more dangerous and offensive odors or fumes
- Smaller profile blended solid concentrate water treatment products are safe and simple to apply, meaning safer, cleaner mechanical rooms
Reduces Economic Concerns
- Maximizes utility efficiencies and equipment life:
- Manufactured with the most advanced, proven components the water treatment industry offers
- Controls corrosion, reduces scale deposits and eliminates microbiological deposits and fouling
- Water savings from not needing to triple rinse drums and from increased cycles of concentration
- Smaller product footprint means space savings in the mechanical room
- Eliminates the need for eye wash station installation and maintenance
- Reduces costs from health issues due to chemical exposure and drum handling injuries
- Blended solid concentrates with duroTrace® can be automatically fed at the precise amount needed. No more wasted money on overfeeding or system risks due to underfeeding.
APTech Group can recommend a local water treatment partner who is well versed in this effective, safe and sustainable blended solid concentrate technology and application. Just click on the Find a Distributor link above to get started.